Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Planning

A big part of successful running is planning.  Whether that's planning the day's meals to planning to bring running clothes to work to planning for one race to planning for a year's worth of events, the daily training runs and events definitely go better if you've got a plan. 

I've consistently been pleased with Hal Higdon's training plans for pretty much every distance I've ever raced.  I particularly like that he has various levels of plans at each distance.  I just print up the appropriate plan, figure out the race date and work backwards from there to put the plan on a calendar.  I use Yearly Calendar Maker to design a custom and free calendar that I can then print either in color or black and white.  You can see the result on the 2012 Training Calendar tab on this blog. 

If you have any planning tips, I'd love to hear them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment