Monday, January 23, 2012

Bootcamp Day 3

No, I didn't make it to bootcamp on Saturday.  BUT, I did go this morning so that already gets me to a better start than last week!  Bootcamp is taking the place of yoga if you're referencing my training calendar.  Since I didn't get my 30 minute bike ride in yesterday, I'm hoping to do it tonight after work. 

This morning's bootcamp was AWESOME!!  We had a different instructor...  I think her name is also Emily?  She was also super friendly and welcoming but she introduced herself when I was only 1/2 a cup of coffee in to a Monday morning.  So, really, I shouldn't be expected to have registered and remembered her name, should I? 

We did a differnt warm up where we were jogging the length of the space and doing different things each time.  Skipping with forward arm circles, skipping with backward arm circles, lunges with side twists, you get the idea.  Then we partnered up and grabbed a resistance band.  We did exercises 1, 3 and 5 with 5 reps each and taking turns.  We did 2 and 4 for 30 seconds each and taking turns.  For all of these except the rows, we were both in the band, if that makes sense. 

   1.  Inside leg toe touches (side by side)
   2.  Sprints (running away from stationary partner as fast/hard as you can)
   3.  Lunges (facing away from stationary partner)
   4.  Sprints (again)
   5.  Row (facing each other each holding the band with palms up)

We did that routine two times.  I loved the sprinting...  it was the oddest sensation and also funny to watch but it felt amazing.  I think it would be worth it to get a resistance band because I think Ty and I could do the toe touches, lunges and rows at home together.  I don't think I could hold him for the sprints, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment