Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Biking

Wool hat, Oakleys, helmet, wool chute, gloves, wool long sleeve, tech shirt, fleece jacket, thick running tights, thick running socks, ENDs. 

I bundled up for today's bike ride and, I'm excited to say, I did not freeze.  But that's still not the same as not being cold...  so I'll be bundling even more on my next ride!!  The picture in this post is of how much clothing I was wearing.  It probably didn't help that it was super windy out either.  The entire 'out' part of my ride was against the wind.  The paths were littered with pine cones and downed branches, too, as if I need MORE bike challenges!!

I still haven't figured out how to signal.  I don't know which arm I'm supposed to use but that's kind of okay because I'm really not ready to take a hand off my handlebars yet!  On Sunday, Ty commented that I'm the most cautious bike rider he's ever seen.  Although, it should be noted, that he was biking WITHOUT BRAKES.  So I guess that makes him the most reckless. 

I did pass two other bikers and they both gave me a wave which I really appreciated.  I'm still slow and wobbly but I'm getting better at using my gears.  And I feel like I'm getting faster...  and it's taking longer into my ride before my legs feel like they're just going to fall off. 

All in all, I'm really glad that I'm making myself bike for crosstraining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment