Tuesday, March 1, 2011

6 miles and it felt so good!

I ran six miles today - my first run since Austin!!  I had thought going into Austin that I'd be running again right away but I actually think that taking a full week off was a good idea.  Today's run was refreshing...  if slightly painful.  I am running in new Fingers and they were rubbing a lot on both achilles and I feel like I might have a blister on the arch of my right foot.  I think I'll take a few weeks to switch over and use my old Fingers on alternating days until the new ones don't hurt. 

Here's my tentative plan for Vernonia:

2/28 - R, 6, 3, 6, R, 12, R
3/7 - 4, 6, 4, 6, R, 14, R
3/14 - 4, 6, 4, 6, R, 16, R
3/21 - 4, 6, 4, 6, R, 20, R
3/28 - 4, 6, 4, 6, R, 10, R
4/4 - 2, 3, R, 2, R, 2, MARATHON!!!

Any comments or thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I like the run schedule, but will you be posting suggestions like alternate training? and meals before and after your longer runs? Mental notes on what your thinking when you don't feel like running? it's cool to hear your thoughts on what keeps you going... when you don't feel like running, or runs your excited about. Keeping a total number of miles per month or even zero it out from the start of this blog, it would be fun to see your total miles grow with this blog.
    I'm sure you have quite a few running related stories... share a few.
    great idea by the way, I'll follow :)
    -Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luke! These are really great suggestions and I plan to include them in future posts. I do keep a mileage log and I'll start posting that here too.

    Thanks for following me - I hope I can keep this blog interesting enough to hold your attention:).

    ReplyDelete