Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mileage

Like a lot of runners, I keep track of my miles.  I run with a Garmin so it is pretty easy for me to sit down in front of the computer and plop my daily miles into a quick and easy spreadsheet.  During 2010, I ran 1,111 miles which was short of both my original goal of 1,500 miles and my revised goal of 1,200 miles.  For 2011, I've left my goal a little more flexible - I'd like to run between 1,200 and 1,500 miles.  This should be totally doable if I do end up running Vernonia and the McKenzie River 50k in addition to already completing Austin. 

So far, I ran 176 miles in January.  While this is very impressive, it is somewhat tempered by the fact that there were FIVE Saturdays in January.  An extra long run is always going to skew those numbers upward.  In February, I only ran 73.3 miles including a marathon...  so that's clearly not cutting the mustard!  My total YTD for 2011 is 249.50 miles.  To hit 1,500 miles for the year, I need to average 125 a month - which is exactly my rate through two months so we'll see if I can keep that up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment