Sunday, December 25, 2011

Week 2

Another week of very slowly easing back into running...  otherwise known as still struggling with motivation and discipline:

Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - 3.5 miles

This morning's run was particularly enjoyable.  We ran the two park route which is so named because it goes through two parks and we let the pup go off leash in both of them.  There were so few people out and she was being so good that she actually got to be off leash for nearly the entire way home!!  We just leashed her up twice when passing other dogs.  The air was cool and crisp...  there was little traffic on the roads and paths.  For whatever reason, we didn't really talk.  

Since my backpack was stolen over the summer, I still haven't replaced my iPod.  It was just a beautiful, peaceful and introspective run.  My thoughts turned to the things I love about running and how strong I feel when I'm having a good run.  I thought about how nice it is to have good running equipment.  I thought about how lucky I am that I can just head out and RUN whenever I feel like it.  I thought about how great it is to have the most perfect, mellow, loving puppy in the world as a running companion.  I thought about how great a cup of coffee and hash with asparagus and red peppers was going to taste once I was home and showered.  I probably thought about lots of other things too that I can't recall now but the point is that it was a perfect little run and I'm slowly finding the joy in running again...  which is really all I wanted for Christmas anyway;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment