Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Training...

Okay, I'm officially training again!!  Six months off was simply too much and I've got to get my ass back in gear.  The people in my family seem to have a very bad habit of dropping dead in their early 50's and I simply don't want that to happen to me. 

Last night, I logged an easy two miles with Ty and Onya.  Over the summer, my backpack was stolen...  and I lost several of my most treasured running gadgets including my Garmin.  I've yet to replace it so I'm currently running routes where I know the milage and not worrying about or tracking my time at all.  It's actually kind of nice considering that I know that I've gotten super out of shape! 

One of my goals for this week is to map out a training plan for Joss and I to follow as we train for Shamrock, Helvetia and, ultimately, the Portland Marathon;).  2012 will be a much more successful running year than 2011 has been! 

No comments:

Post a Comment