Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2012 Race Schedule

Yesterday, I mapped out a training plan for Joss and I to follow for the majority of 2012.  If all goes according to plan, and it usually doesn't, we'll be running the Shamrock 15k, the Helvetia Half and the Portland Marathon!!  I used an online calendar program to design a fun calendar with running pictures of us and filled in each day's workout based on Hal Higdon's Novice and Novice 2 plans for each event.  I've used his plans in the past and I like them. 

In the past, my workouts have generally been 90 to 100% running based and I've decided that I need more cross training in my life.  So, through Shamrock, I'll just be running three days a week.  I'll be biking two days a week and doing yoga on Mondays for the duration.  Once we start training for Helvetia, I've upped the running to four days a week and reduced the biking to just one day. 

Last night, I ran another nice two miler with Ty and Onya and then did a 20 minute yoga on-demand that was running geared.  It's been way too long since I've run two days in a row and I have to admit that it felt amazing!  My calves are pretty tight and sore today but in that good way that makes you feel alive.  I think I'll try for another two miles tonight and then an on-demand ball workout (if such a thing exists). 

No comments:

Post a Comment