Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 17

Taper feels so lazy and luxurious!!  I know that there are runners out there who really struggle with the decreased activity level but I am so not one of them!  I love getting the extra rest and spending so little, comparatively, time running.  I couldn't do it for long but I do really cherish these respites.  I know the lower activity level will not only give me the bounce I need for the upcoming race but that it also serves to give my body and mind time to heal so that they can be that much more ready for the next big task I have planned for them:). 

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 5 @ 10:12
Wednesday - 4 @ 10:14
Thursday - 3 @ 10:07
Friday - rest
Saturday - 8 @ 9:59
Sunday - rest

My flight to Austin leaves on Friday and, other than the actual marathon, I only have three runs totalling 9 miles this week.  I need to start my packing list and focus on eating good, high quality carbs at every meal while limiting the junk food and snacking.  This is also a good time for me to pay attention to being well hydrated all day, every day.  Which doesn't mean that I'll cut beer - oh, no, no, no - just that I'll limit myself to two while watching tonight's basketball game (KU v. K-State - ROCK CHALK) and one or two each night Friday and Saturday nights.  I think the carbs outweigh any dehydrating factor as long as I'm keeping my consumption low and it might even help the tendency to over hydrate and the associated issues that one can have with that. 

I'm getting nervous but also very excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment