Thursday, February 17, 2011

Austin Bound!

I'll be in Austin by this time tomorrow!!  My flight leaves at the butt crack of dawn - 6:15 am.  Which means that I'll be setting my alarm for 4 am! 

I still have to do laundry and pack but I at least have a packing list so that I hopefully will not forget anything.  At lunchtime today, I stopped at the grocery store to buy copious amounts of beer* and carb rich snacks for the flight. 

The current LOW temp for Austin on Sunday is 62 degrees - which is about 15 degrees higher than the recent HIGH temps in Portland.  I hope this doesn't slow me down too much but there's nothing at all that I can do about it so I'll just have to roll with it.  Hopefully these last four months of solid training will pay off for me.  I'm definitely the best trained that I've ever been going into any event.  But, of course, I'm still nervous... 

* - my Austin hosts only requested good beer when I asked them what they've been craving from home.  I found some sleeves of bubble wrap in my craft room last night and I'm hoping that the six 22 ounce bottles that I'm bringing will be sufficiently cushioned to make it there!  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment