Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 16

I ended up missing my planned six miler on Tuesday because I just wasn't feeling great and was worried that I might be coming down with a cold or something.  As it turned out, I wasn't...  but I sure don't feel bad about getting some extra rest!

Monday - 5 @ 10:15
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 5 @ 10:12
Thursday - 4 @ 10:19
Friday - rest
Saturday - 12 @ 9:37
Sunday - rest

On Thursday, I was supposed to have a tempo run but that didn't end up happening because I ran with Onya the Anchor.  I had CPE that day and dinner with friends that evening so I had to squeeze my run in first thing in the morning.  Since I was running at home for a change, I took the mutt along and she reminded me why I can get so inpatient with her sometimes!!

On Saturday, I ran around Mercer Island with Ty.  We took a short cut to make the run 12 miles - it would have been 14 if we hadn't but I tend to prefer to stay as close to possible to my training plan.  The run itself wasn't anything special and the road around the island can be pretty dangerous as evidenced by a ridiculous number of signs telling the drivers to share the road (I have to wonder how many runners and bikers have actually been hit to necessitate that many signs!).  The final mile was primarily downhill so I turned it on and ended up running that last mile in 7:35!!  I think that might be my first sub-8 mile ever.  I nearly puked as soon as I stopped moving but it sure was fun...  and the unplanned 12 mile tempo run gave me a good confidence boost. 

Less than two weeks to go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment