Thursday, February 10, 2011

Volunteering

Today, when reading the most recent Red Lizard Gazette, I came across an article describing a volunteer opportunity that involves running.  Currently, some Red Lizards are partnering with the DePaul Treatment Centers to run with men in recovery.  Apparently, they must have a chaperon to leave the facility - this gives them a chance to get outdoors, get some exercise and, hopefully, develop a life long relationship with running.  All which will hopefully help them as they overcome their addictions.  

So, I immediately sent an email off to the author and received a response from the woman who is working to get a similar program set up for the women at DePaul.  She also sent me an application which I'll turning in tomorrow.  Then a drug test and a criminal background check and I should be ready to take some ladies running just as soon as they get the program ready to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment