Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scheduling

One of the biggest challenges with running and training can be finding the time for it.  I regularly run at 2:00 and have for the last couple of years.  I eat my lunch around 11 and then take my actual lunch break at 2...  by the time I get back, in only have an hour to an hour and a half of work left before I can go home and shower.  Some days, due to recent co-worker scheduling changes, I have to take the deposit to the bank or write up the deposit.  These things happen right around 2 and they, obviously, take priority over running.  Some days, I have meetings or social events after work - which is fine because I do have a shower available at work.  BUT, taking time to shower cuts even more time out of my work day that I need to make up.  Sometimes that means I cut my run a mile or two short so that I don't have to worry about staying late to make up the time. 

I've toyed with running after I get home from work...  but that's been a miserable failure.  Typically, Ty takes Onya out on the two park 3.5 mile loop after work.  But, when it's a family run, 75% of the time, I get lazy and talk him out of his run too.  I'm not sure why or what happens mentally in that 20 minute drive home but I am far too good at talking myself out of running altogehter. 

I'm generally not a morning person but I'm actually considering moving my daily run to BEFORE work...  I could just take one shower at the office a day.  I could still run my favorite path - the Waterfront - but getting up, throwing on workout clothing, heading to the office and running before work.  I could shower at work and be all ready for the day.  I already keep travel size face wash, shampoo, leave-in conditioner and body lotion in my running bag.  I could just add toner, moisterizer and deodorant.  No biggie.  The biggest challenge will be my unending and overriding morning laziness. 

Today, I'm running at 11 so that I can swing by the sandwich place (that's conveniently located a block-ish away and also just happens to mark exactly 3 miles on my regular loop) on my way back.  I have to take the deposit at 2 plus I have a cheese making class tonight so that just seems to make the most sense.  After I eat, I'll take my shower and be ready to face the afternoon at work:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment