Saturday, May 28, 2011

Running Group!

I LOVE my Saturday running group!  I've been away from them for about two months now for many good reasons but I got back to running with them this morning and it felt SO good!  Sometimes, there's only two to four of us but this morning pulled in six of us.  We ran a familiar loop - starting from OMSI, along the Springwater Trail, across the Sellwood, up the Waterfront to the horse stables, back to the Steel Bridge and across to finish up along the Eastside Esplanade.  It was beautiful and just fun to catch up with that group of girlfriends.  

My advice to anyone training for a half or longer?  Find a great group of girls to start a Saturday morning running group with - the miles go by much faster, you're way less likely to bag or shorten your run and you have someone to get coffee or breakfast with after:).  

No comments:

Post a Comment