Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 Shamrock

Monday - bootcamp
Tuesday - bootcamp, 2 miles
Wednesday - 40 minute bike, 1 hour skating
Thursday - REST
Friday - 2 miles, 1 hour skating
Saturday - 2 miles, 1 hour yoga
Sunday - 30 minute bike, 1 1/2 hour skating

What's up with all the skating?  I don't really know.  I just thought it might be fun.  So I asked my derby friend to take me.  And I really, really sucked at it.  So I naturally asked her to take me again.  And, again, I really, really sucked at it...  but not quite as badly.  Then, I asked her to take me AGAIN.  And I warmed up with 50 laps.  I still really, really suck so it took me about an hour.  But I did it.  Then we worked on T stops and something kind of clicked. 

We're going again on Wednesday.  I'll warm up with 50 laps again.  Then I'm buying my own kneepads (reward for Sunday's 50 laps) and we are going to work on single and double knee stops as well as T stops.  Once I can do 50 laps in 45 minutes, I'm going to buy my own wrist guards.  Skating is a good, hard workout and it's fun.  Where this will go, I'm not sure yet.  But getting in good non-running workouts can only help my running, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment